Finding a place to live that supports a sober lifestyle can be difficult, especially in early recovery. Our sober living homes in Murfreesboro, TN, offer a wide range of supportive services through attendance in our partial hospitalization program or intensive outpatient program, as well as daily 12-step meetings, weekly group meetings, and monthly recreational activities. These options allow our clients to progress in recovery while enjoying flexibility and freedom. For many, transitional housing is the first step to a better life.
What is Sober Living?
Our sober living recovery homes in Murfreesboro, TN, are specially designed to provide a safe, supportive environment free of drugs and alcohol. These homes offer structure, accountability, and support essential to a successful recovery and can provide a positive environment for those in recovery, especially when combined with our treatment programs.
The goal of sober living homes is to offer our clients a supportive living environment with other people in recovery. Whether they are currently enrolled in our drug addiction treatment program or have already participated, these homes can provide access to a community of people struggling with similar problems. Residents can work together to hold each other accountable, relax, and fully engage in recovery, knowing drugs and alcohol will not be accessible.
What to Expect from Sober Living at TRUE
Our sober living houses allow you to develop lasting relationships with others in recovery and find new hobbies and interests. We also have several options for group engagement with your recovery community.
- Life coaching for drug rehab and mental illness offers support and guidance. Life coaches work with clients to help them create a fulfilling and purposeful life in recovery. While therapists and counselors focus on addressing the psychological aspects of recovery, our life coaches focus on practical strategies and living skills to support clients in rebuilding their lives.
- Recovery coaching is a supportive and personalized approach to helping our clients recover. Our recovery coaches are trained professionals who provide guidance, encouragement, and accountability to individuals seeking to overcome their addiction and maintain long-term sobriety by providing another level of accountability, addiction education, and life skill development for overcoming cravings and preventing relapse.
- Peer support specialists are individuals who have personal experience with addiction and recovery. They offer empathy, understanding, and guidance to those struggling with addiction, providing hope, encouragement, and practical support throughout the recovery journey.
- Relapse prevention is a set of techniques our therapists use to prevent our clients from returning to destructive behaviors and thinking. The therapist assists the client with identifying triggers and exchanging them for positive behaviors. The goal for this component of a treatment plan is long-term recovery by preventing addictive behaviors.
- Aftercare and continuous support are critical to maintaining sobriety. Support can include ongoing family and individual therapy or counseling, continued participation in support groups or 12-step programs, and regular check-ins with a therapist.
Our Levels of Sober Living Homes
Our sober living program is ideal for those who need to be surrounded by a support system for people with similar disorders. Our drug-free housing is close to our treatment facilities for convenience. We offer four levels of sober living.
- Peer-Run: This format is an informed residence where people who already know each other live together during their recovery. The residents agree on the rules of the house. Some basic requirements might include weekly house meetings, drug screenings, and holding each other accountable during sobriety. This independent format typically does not have clinicians visiting the sober homes. However, residents continue attending the treatment facility for group therapy.
- Monitored: This option is housed in a single-family home. A resident who has been in the program a while, a senior resident, supervises the house and can act as a house manager. Because of the commitment, this individual is usually compensated for their work. As with peer-run homes, residents can expect to engage in house meetings and drug screenings and follow established house rules.
- Supervised: Our treatment facility has direct involvement in this format. We provide consistent monitoring of the mental health conditions of our clients. Our staff offers any necessary health services and teaches coping skills and other psychotherapy as needed for each individual and group session.
To take treatment a step further, we teach life skills and address the importance of having high self-esteem and self-awareness. Every staff member involved in supervised sober living housing is certified.
- Integrated Therapies: This sober living structure is a transitional format for clients completing their addiction treatment program. As with the supervised model, our therapists come to the homes and guide life skills and coping skills development.
How Sober Living Pairs with Our Treatment Programs
TRUE pairs other treatment programs with sober living. You can participate in our partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and sober living. The specific treatment process is dependent on each individual. We consider your current health issues, underlying mental health disorders, and overall well-being.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
IOP is flexible as it only requires 9 hours, split into three days a week at one of our two facilities. We have a day and an evening program to fit your schedule best, making it easy to incorporate into your week.
The duration and frequency of this program depend upon the individual at the direction of their therapist. IOP works best for individuals who need a more extensive treatment plan than traditional outpatient services but not residential care.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) offers structured care during the day, allowing you to return home at night. It provides intensive treatment, including medication management and counseling, tailored to bipolar disorder.
PHP closely watches symptoms, establishes routines, and builds a supportive community. Research shows that PHP significantly improves symptom management and overall quality of life for individuals with bipolar disorder.
Our Sober Living Amenities
Our sober living homes in Murfreesboro are high-end homes and apartments. Providing top-notch amenities and clean living spaces is critical to our wellness and recovery. Residents won’t feel like they are in a standardized facility in our sober living homes.
- Amenities: Modern, contemporary living spaces, private patios, rooftop decks with great views, professional and courteous support staff, new finishes and appliances, and excellent locations
- Individualized Treatment Plans: We develop one-on-one plans based on each client’s unique needs and history of drug use. Our results-driven strategy can include a blend of cognitive behavioral therapy, group therapy, and family therapy. When creating your plan, we consider the level of care that will yield the best results.
- Access to Peer Support: Our support groups and peer mentoring programs enable individuals to connect with others on the path to recovery. These activities fight against isolation and offer valuable encouragement and motivation throughout recovery.
- Aftercare Planning: We offer a range of resources and support to individuals who have completed their treatment program. These resources can include access to sober living arrangements, ongoing therapy sessions, and participation in support groups.
Benefits of Our Sober Living in Murfreesboro
Distance from triggers can be life-changing regarding drug rehab and mental health treatment. TRUE Addiction and Behavioral Health is conveniently located in middle Tennessee, in Murfreesboro. This scenic drive from neighboring cities in Tennessee can put distance between you and your triggers.
The dependency on places, people, and even streets and buildings that can remind you of your addiction can be put behind you. In front of you will be opportunity, recovery, and a breath of fresh air.
Substance abuse is a top concern in many states around the country. Special government task forces have been enacted to help end drug trafficking, manufacturing, and distribution. Tennessee is not an exception. Opioids, stimulants, and alcohol continue to be abused and take the lives of thousands of citizens each year.
Drug abuse doesn’t discriminate on whom it latches onto. From the lowest socioeconomic class to the wealthy and all ethnicities and backgrounds, families are being torn apart by addiction and the path of destruction that it leaves behind.
Effective treatment, rehab programs, and proper education regarding addiction are foremost. We must get resources and treatment for everyone who desires a lifestyle change.
Why Choose TRUE Addiction and Behavioral Health
TRUE offers a connection of focus on community. TRUE believes in supplying our clients with multiple avenues to find their TRUE connections while in our program and to establish long-term solutions for their aftercare to promote sustainable recovery at our treatment centers.
TRUE is connected to local resources of community outreaches, churches, service work opportunities, and an environment that believes in celebrating moments of progress at all times. We offer connections to celebrate these achievements within our programs with monthly festivities, community events, experiential outings, motivational speakers, and a seasoned staff with the experience to deliver these promises.
Enter Sober Living Today
Even though living with an addiction can be challenging, learning coping skills to make life more meaningful is a step away. Take the first step by reaching out now. Our providers are standing by.